Sunday, November 30, 2008

Not Ready for the Winter Weather

The switch has been flipped: the day after Thanksgiving, the drizzle turned to wet snow. The kids, of course, were excited, but I cringed. For some reason, this year more than recent years, I'm REALLY not looking forward to the cold weather. Perhaps because we had such a long winter last season? I'm not sure. I'm not even excited in the least about dragging out the Christmas decorations, much to the kids' dismay....

Yesterday I took the 'cross bike out in search of something a little different. I'm finding I'm even getting a little burned out on riding over the last week, finding difficulty mustering up motivation to drag myself out. I left the house in a dense fog, which quickly drenched my jacket and face. I headed north to English Point, where I decided to do a loop of the trails for a little mud and snow practice on the cross bike. It was slimy, wet, and fun... Here's hoping that the winter will bring good riding and snowshoeing - and a quick spring!



1 comment:

Wendy said...

Ready or not, its here now....